Anthony Brown - Managing Director
Anthony has been MechLog’s Managing Director since 1994. He brings more than 36 years of operational and management experience in forestry to the industry. He is a results-driven and respected senior business director, with extensive experience in the forest business services sector, Anthony is recognised and acknowledged for the effective delivery and execution of numerous projects; as well as for his standing as an accomplished business leader within the industry.
As MechLog’s Managing Director, Anthony has established and enviable reputation for delivering impressive results regarding business growth, contract security, profitability, and operational performance, and leadership. His proven ability to exceed business goals, and build long-term productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, is matched by his ability to deliver exceptional returns and consistent, sustainable results for clients.
His credentials in business development, management, personnel management, and mechanical expertise, support his experience and qualifications in forestry operations and timber harvesting.
Anthony has participated in numerous industry study tours to United States, Canada, Sweden, and New Zealand. As well as maintaining a commitment to practical, life-long learning throughout Australia and overseas, he has completed several forestry industry management certificates, including conflict resolution, communications, and staff development.
Prior to establishing a career in the forestry industry, Anthony served for several years in the Australian Army. As a result of his military training, Anthony brings strong leadership and organisational skills to his role as Managing Director of MechLog, as well as an understanding of the importance of strategic planning, self-discipline, and team building.
Jillian Aylett Brown - Chief Executive Officer | GAICD
Before joining MechLog in 2000, Jillian had established, owned, and operated two successful businesses for eight years. She also worked as an adviser in the disciplines of business and project development, strategic marketing, and human resource management for various clients across several industries. Jillian has gained extensive experience and knowledge in business management systems supporting forestry supply services.
Jillian’s achievements include:
- Thirty years in as a senior business manager and twenty years in the forestry sector.
- A wealth of experience, backed by qualifications in the disciplines of human resources, Work Health and Safety, compliance, project management, marketing, supply-chain and business operations
- A demonstrated success in the development of initiatives to improve business processes at an operational and management level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with extensive experience in dealing with all levels of industry, suppliers, and clients.
- Extensive coaching experience to empower personnel to achieve and produce effective results, whilst placing a strong emphasis on workplace safety.
Jillian holds a Diploma of Travel (International Operations) 1995 and a Diploma of Entrepreneurship (2000) from the Enterprise Development Institute of Australia. Jillian has participated in the following forums:
- Business Management and Marketing Study Tour to USA (1988).
- Forestry Industry tours to Canada and USA (1996)
- Forestry Industry tour Sweden (1997).
- State winner of the Tasmanian Enterprise Workshop Program Awards (1999).
- Runner-up in the National Enterprise Workshop Awards (1999).
- Forestry study tour to Finland in 2018.
- Diploma of Entrepreneurship (2000) from the Enterprise Development Institute of Australia.
- Certificate IV in Work, Health & Safety.
- ICAM Lead Incident Investigator (Incident Cause Analysis Method)
- Member of the Safety Institute of Australia.
- Member of the Tasmanian Forest and Forest Products Network.
- Finalist in WorkSafe Tasmania 2018 Awards – Leadership Excellence
- Finalist in WorkSafe Tasmania 2018 Awards - Safety Excellence
- Cert IV in Work Health and Safety (2019)
- 2019 Tas Timber Awards – ‘highly commended’ – Outstanding Contribution to the Timber Industry (female)
- GAICD - Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors (2020)
Joanne Davidson - Business Manager
Joanne joined the MechLog team in 2017 and manages the day-to-day operations of the company. Jo’s extensive expertise with national and ASX listed companies in business management, human resources, accounting, strategic planning, and risk analysis, is a real asset to MechLog; that brings a high level of professionalism to the company’s operations. She sets and monitors production performance and budgets, monitors and documents progress, and implement changes if and when required. Jo provides a critical role in relation to centralising internal communications with personnel, which extends to external liaison with client. An advocate for adopting a team approach to achieve better outcomes and to meet customer needs and expectations, Jo cultivates collaborative culture and encourages engagement and positive interaction between all personnel throughout MechLog.
Duncan Norton - Work, Health, & Safety Manager
Duncan has a genuine passion for the health and wellbeing of the MechLog team. He provides active and continual improvements in all areas of risk management and compliance relating to health, safety and wellbeing of the workforce and those who come into contact with the MechLog workplaces. Duncan’s expertise is supported by formal training, including achieving a Certificate IV in Work Health, coupled with work/life experience. This has enabled Duncan to excel in his role of Work Health and Safety Manager at MechLog. To compliment his qualifications in Work Health and Safety, Duncan is certified in the following relevant disciplines:
- First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- ICAM lead incident investigator;
- Mental health first aid;
- Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker; and
- Workplace drug and alcohol assessment.
Ben Rosenthal - Regional Manager – Green Triangle
Ben began working with MechLog in 2016. He moved into the role of Regional Manager – Green Triangle, and quickly began to realign the workforce into a strong, accountable, and productive working unit. Ben oversees all of MechLog operations in the Green Triangle region including workflow planning, resource management, and logistics. His results in running an efficient, responsive harvesting service is due to his innate ability to bring out the best in his team. This ability also enables Ben to successfully and effectively co-ordinate with all stakeholders in the operations, including clients, principals, and contract service providers. He champions the policies, procedures and management style for which MechLog is known and respected throughout the forestry industry. Ben is an excellent advocate and a true champion of the timber industry. He is experienced, skilful, knowledgeable, invested, positive, and proud about the future of the industry. Such qualities are admired and applauded by MechLog’s stakeholders. Ben draws his management and leadership skills from a strong work history, including extensive experience of more than 18 years in the forest harvesting sector. Ben worked for BHP Billiton for three years, operating heavy mining equipment, completing intensive safety training modules, and serving as a member of the safety committee for two years. A qualified Incident Cause Analysis Method practitioner, Ben also holds accreditation in Mental Health First Aid. Ben is a natural leader who draws on his work experience to deliver a management style that is to be admired. This ability to adapt a multitude of experience and knowledge into his current management position is a skill that is proving invaluable to MechLog and the company’s clients.